IMETAL I-DECKTM decking is readily installed with or without fiberglass/rockwool insulation blanket. If practical, lay sheets in the opposite direction to prevailing weather. Installation of IMETAL I-DECKTM decking is a straightforward procedure using the following fixing sequence:
- Ensure all purlins are in line and correctly installed and the mesh and blanket (if specified) are in place.
- Position and fix the first sheet ensuring the correct sheet overhangs (minimum 50mm). Ensure that screws are not overtightened.
- Continue to fix subsequent sheets checking the sheet ends at the lower edge are exactly aligned.
It is important that the underlap of one sheet does not protrude beyond the overlap of the next - if this is unavoidable, the underlap must be trimmed locally or water 'drawback' may occur.
- Measure the overall cover width at top and bottom of the sheets from time to time to avoid 'fanning'.
- For roof spans exceeding 900mm and wall spans exceeding 1200mm, stitch the sidelaps at midspan.
- Turn up the pans at upper roof edge and turn down the pans at the lower edge and install flashings.
- Clean up the roof after each days work, removing all screws, cuttings, swarf etc, and leave roof clean and watertight.